Tuesday 23 February 2016

January & February

Yet again I've left it far too long between posts. Its nothing personal, I also haven't been for a run for weeks! I thought I'd give you a whistle stop tour of what I've been up to since I last updated this 'ere blog.

I GOT MY HAIR CHOPPED! Its so so soooo much better than it was, I'm much happier with it this length.


Mark and I went on a little jaunt to Caerphilly Castle, it was freezing, but definitely worth going to. As it was the end of of the (very cold) day, there was barely anyone around so we pretty much had the whole castle to ourselves... now there's something I could get used to! 



Mark excelled himself with my Christmas presents this year - amongst some Lush goodies and some cosy slippers were also a pair of tickets to the Harry Potter Studio Tour!!!  We went to London in the middle of January, had a quick whiz round being tourists and of course the studios in Watford. (Apologies for the picture quality - I only had my phone and it was fairly dark!)


For Christmas 2010 my Mum knitted me a Weasley jumper, needless to say I wore it! I hadn't realised the studios would be set out for Christmas at Hogwarts, which meant  Gryffindor common room was all Christmassy - exactly how it was when Harry opened his jumper from Mrs Weasley.


We went a couple of days after Alan Rickman sadly died, and I must admit I got a bit choked up at this poignant tribute:




It may not be widely known around here, but I do have a thing for steam engines, so when I walked into this room I did go a little bit nuts. I was jumping around and grinning like the Cheshire Cat.. Mark just pretended he wasn't with me (I don't blame him!) 




Before catching our train home I insisted we went to the bloggers' mothership - Lush Oxford Street. I bought a cheeky little Unicorn Horn (of course!).



I've not walked so far so quickly for a long time! We managed to tick off a lot of the sights and squeeze in some shopping, so we were both happy. We had lunch at Franco Manco Pizza in Covent Garden, which I'll review next week.
Hope you liked this quick run-down, who knows, I might blog a bit more regularly in the coming weeks and months! 

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Franco Manca! Just thinking of the dough makes me drool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty awesome trip to the Harry Potter studios! I would've ended up crying at the Alan Rickman tribute. Still cannot believe it! And I'm with you on the steam trains thing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU MUM KNITTED THAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Harry Potter Studio Tour photos! My sister and I received tickets as a gift for Christmas and I really can't wait to go. I hope the experience is as magical as it looks! xxx

    www.francescajayne.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a fantastic present! I've never been, but I've seen plenty of photos and it looks like an amazing day trip! Even though I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan, I still would love to see the studios.

    ~ K

    www.lifeasunusuals.com

    ReplyDelete