Thursday 17 September 2015

#PartyAtTheAngel Big Welsh Bloggers Event

On Sunday I made the 3 hour journey down to Cardiff with my boyfriend to attend #PartyAtTheAngel at the Angel Hotel (would you believe?) I'd been excited about this event for a while because I was finally going to meet bloggers I've been speaking to on Twitter for ages! And of course see Ffion from A South Wales Blog, the wonderful  hostess, again!

The Angel hotel was is a really fancy building. In the foyer is a stunning staircase with a huge chandelier. Everyone was dressed to impress and the hotel was the perfect venue. I took my phone and my compact camera but I didn't get any photos of the venue or my outfit, blogger fail I know!

We were greeted by cupcakes, canapes and prosecco and were able to go round and chat to the brands that were there. It was great to speak to a really enthusiastic lady from Pad Deco who clearly loved her company, her passion shone through even though she was having to say the same thing over and over again as each of us were drawn over by the mysterious furry gift bags.

It turns out the fur was sheepskin rug samples which were so so soft, I couldn't help stroking it! A few other bits and bobs in the bag included  a pear candle (not soap as we first thought!) and this really pretty notebook.


I loved the photobooth! It was so much fun and such a simple idea. I somehow managed to get in a photo with about half the girls there which I thought was pretty good going! They're all tagged on my instagram. One thing I would have liked would be large versions of the photos, as its quite hard to see the details and the funny props we were using.


I also really liked this competition - everyone wrote/drew in the scrapbook and the best entry won a huge Prairie Charms package.


Hanne from The Beauty Crowd gave a little talk about the brand and some of the products that would be in the goody bag. I got the impression that they are an innovative company using innovative products! She did know her stuff though. I've yet to try the blusher, which looks so pretty, but I've tried the lipgloss and its really vibrant.


Also in the goody bag were temporary tattoos, a Bee Good cleanser and some Prairie Charms hair ties (amongst others).


One of the highlights was finally meeting Welsh Girl Problems. If you don't follow her on twitter, what are you doing!? Follow her now, you don't even have to be Welsh, as long as you appreciate good brows and rugby players' thighs.

She also does really good merch, and I bought this fab mug. As I move to England next weekend, I need a little piece of home to have my morning paned in (that's Welsh for cuppa btw).


I had a brilliant time, and Ffion and Charlotte did an amazing job at hosting their first event! Check out #PartyAtTheAngel on Instagram for everyone else's lovely photos.




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! And you got some fluff - they'd run out of them by the time I got there! :( And yes she did have to repeat herself quite a lot bless her!

    ReplyDelete