Thursday 9 October 2014

Looking up! #EducatingHannah

Since I was about 15 I've considered Speech & Language Therapy as a career. I did my degree in Linguistics to get a taster for what's involved (academically) and to give me more time to decide if it is really what I want to do. Now having looked at various courses - I'm applying! There are masters courses available but they are a lot more competitive and intense so I will apply for one on the off chance, but I'm also applying for 3-4 year undergraduate courses.

For some of these courses I'll need a B in GCSE Maths. I currently have a C so (after putting it off for 6 years) I am finally taking a course to re-sit and hopefully up my grade! This is all good in theory but now looking at the material I have no idea what I'm doing or how to do it... but we'll see how it goes! Bring on BBC Bitesize!

I've registered for a few open days which I'm quite excited about! I went to loads when I originally applied after leaving school.. its a great way to explore the cities aswell as the universities..

Today I started filling in my UCAS application... I can't believe I'm doing it all over again! And there's no guarentee I'll even get any offers and I'll be back to square one. I've got to get references and write the dreaded personal statement..argh! I keep thinking is it all really worth it, but IF YOU NEVER TRY YOU'LL NEVER KNOW.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Aw best of luck! My two housemates did Speech therapy as undergrad and they've just started work this year :) It seems a lot of work but they love it :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems everyone I speak to knows somebody who's a speech therapist! I just need to write my statement then I can send off my application..exciting times!

      Delete
  2. Wow how exciting! I always think we're made to decide our paths in life far too early, I'm currently doing a masters course in developmental psychology and haven't the foggiest where I'm going after that!

    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! For most degree courses you need specific A Levels, which means deciding your career when you're sixteen, it's nuts! xx

      Delete